Research conducted by CICP is divided into various clusters which involve undergraduate, master, and doctoral students. Below are lists of current research clusters in CICP.
Culture and Identity
Consisted of three sub-cluster as below:
- National Identity: Indonesia is a multi-ethnical and multicultural country. This condition encourage us to understand on how far adults from multi-ethnic backgrounds identify themselves as a member of a certain ethnic group and nationality; how they feel about their social relations with other multicultural communities as portrayed through pro-multicultural behaviour, self-worth, and life-satisfaction through this research.
- Cultural Belief: This current research aims to explore how Sundanese migrants in Yogyakarta view cultural differences and adapt to the Javanese host community.
- Ethnic identity: This current research is focuses on how helping behaviour and reciprocity works in family relations among Minangkabau youth in Yogyakarta, and how gender frames these relations in the context of their migration.
- Social Identity: This research cluster focuses on exploring the dynamic of identity construction among online drivers in Yogyakarta
Spirituality: This particular topic aims to dig further on “spirituality” in broad sense as well as how it relates to Psychology, also how this important aspect impacts human behaviour in everyday life.
Social relation: This research aims to elaborate the dynamics of social relations in Indonesian society. Currently our research focuses on parent-adolescent relationship and social relations in organizations (specifically in the context of leadership) using the indigenous psychology approach. Consisted of four sub-cluster as below:
- Cross-Cultural Romance Relations
- Relationships in the Organizational context
- The Dynamics of Co-operation and Competition in Organizations
- Relations between Lecturers and Students
Youth and mobility: Educational migration has become more prominent among young people from provincial capitals. It is this context that brings to the floor the initial research for this cluster, which tries to explore how social relations frame educational migration of young people from Pontianak, West Kalimantan to Yogyakarta. Consisted of three sub-cluster as below:
- Social media
- Urban-Millennial Tolerance
- Vicarious Shame on teens in Java