Center for Indigenous and Cultural Psychology (CICP) seeks to become the leading academic organization dedicated to developing and facilitating research in indigenous and cultural psychology. CICP aims to explore the psychological dynamics of Indonesian society through constructive realism approach.
CICP aims to overcome various research problems in the fields of indigenous and cultural psychology, in various ways:
- Being the first formal institution to accommodate the development of indigenous and cultural psychology
- Strengthening the position of indigenous and cultural psychology through scientific proof of various ongoing studies
- Build psychological concepts based on social and cultural contexts
- Ensure that the practical and theoretical dilemmas in indigenous and cultural psychology can be overcome
- Develop indigenous and cultural psychology in several scientific fields of psychology, such as developmental psychology, educational psychology, industrial and organizational psychology, as well as in social and clinical psychology
CICP seeks to become a center for research, development, education and various international indigenous psychology research publications. CICP hopes that there will be an increment in the participation of Indonesian researchers on exploring indigenous psychology in Indonesia. Thus, understanding about the people will be obtained more comprehensively, namely by taking into account the cultural context of the people of Indonesia themselves.