VISION OF CICP
The Center for Indigenous and Cultural Psychology (CICP) aspires to be a leading academic organization dedicated to advancing and facilitating research in the field of indigenous and cultural psychology. CICP hopes to vastly explore contemporary psychological dynamics of Indonesians through constructive realism approach.
It is CICP’s mission to address research issues in indigenous and cultural psychology:
- To become the first formal institution in accommodating the development of indigenous and cultural psychology.
- To strengthen the position of indigenous and cultural psychology through continuing scientific support.
- To construct psychological concepts from social and cultural context.
- To ensure both practical and theoretical issues are addressed that in the field of indigenous and cultural psychology.
- To foster the development of indigenous and cultural psychology in various fields of psychology such as developmental psychology, educational psychology, and industrial and organizational psychology, alongside the relatively frequent use of this approach in social and clinical psychology.
WHAT IS NEXT?
CICP is determined to become the world’s center for research, development, education, and research publication for indigenous psychology research. CICP expects increasing involvement of Indonesian researchers in exploring the discourse of indigenous psychology in Indonesia, with that, grasping a better and accurate understanding upon Indonesians in accordance within their own cultural context.